Sunday, July 7, 2024

Plant of the Week: Crossandra infundibuliformis AKA Firecracker Flower

Summer heat has arrived and decided to stick around. So did the need to have beautiful, heat-loving annual flowers that bloom all summer. Lantana, vinca, scaevola, purslane, and many other flowers handle the heat, but my favorite is the Crossandra Orange Marmalade.

The brilliant orange flower atop dark, shiny green leaves is a must have in my garden. What better way for a plant-loving Baltimore Orioles' fan to show her support for the local baseball team!

 

Let's go O's!

Yep, I love my O's and my bright orange Crossandra. Both are sure to have winning seasons this summer! They're all all-stars in my book! 

Height: 8-10"

Love the glossy foliage with the bright orange flower

Space: 10"

Water: When soil is dry to the touch

Fertilize: Every other week when growing in containers

Sometimes available in watermelon and yellow colored blooms, but, obviously, orange is my favorite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment